Reduce Your Risk Online
Learn ways to keep your abortion private and confidential while searching or discussing it online if that is important to you.
Simple Internet Safety Tips
- Close tabs you wouldn’t want anyone to see.
- Sign out of your accounts.
- Clear your search history in your web browser.
- Set up passcodes on your devices and lock them when you’re not using them.
More Internet Safety Information
Searching the Internet
Most internet browsers store information about your searches and the sites you visit. Here are ways to keep your activity private:
- Use a private internet browser. Privacy Badger and Tor are examples.
- Use a VPN if you can afford it. A VPN creates a private connection when you connect to the Internet. Proton VPN is an example:
Your text messages, and information about who and when you sent them, may be viewable to your phone provider and the company who stores your messages (Apple or Google).
- Use a free secure messaging app called Signal
- Learn more about Signal
Your emails, or information about who you sent them to, what you said, when you sent them, and from where may be available to the company that provides your email service.
- Use a free, secure email service called ProtonMail
- Learn more about ProtonMail